Here is a new Around the blogs in 80 summer hours for the beginning of the year. I have listed the entries on Nuit Blanche that came out since the last installment at the end of this entry.
We crossed over the 500 mark for the Matrix Factorization group on Linkedin with 503 members. We now also have 1969 members for the Compressive Sensing group and 181 members on the Google+ community. Nuit Blanche enjoys 68 Google+1's so far and featured 488 entries in 2012 !
A while back I wondered about the feedback mechanism for retracted papers and how to stop them from being used as references in the future. Looks like Retraction Watch has something on the subject:
Of note, it looks as though Federal Register notices are now hooked up to Medline, which means that any paper mentioned in an ORI report — as this one is — will have a “Findings of research misconduct” link on the Medline abstract. We like this, needless to say.
Thomas pointed me to this new publishing platform on F1000Research. Looking at what is going on with the Science Fraud site, I remain convinced that a post peer review process is the best.
Giuseppe asked a question on MathOverflow: Approximating a subspace by sampling a base without replacement
On the blog front per se, we have:
Sergey has new find in arXivYann and John are going to teach a Large Scale Machine Learning class at NYU. He also wrote about Split-Bregman for total variation: parameter choice
- TO CONDITION, OR NOT TO CONDITION, THAT IS THE QUESTION
- Big Data at Berkeley
- Most Findings Are False
- An introduction to special relativity for a high school math circle
- A mathematical formalisation of dimensional analysis
- SODA 2013 4/n: Business
- SODA 2013: Part 3/n
- SODA 2013: Part 2/n
- SODA 2013, Part I/n
- A SODA announcement, and a happy new year !
Around the blogs in 80 summer hours, Nuit Blanche featured:
- A Probabilistic Approach to Robust Matrix Factorization - implementation -
- SPARS'13 deadlines approaching soon ! #spars13
- Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing papers
- AMP: Assembly Matching Pursuit, Metagenomic units (MGUs) discovery through sequence-based dictionary learning - implementation -
- Sudoku, Compressive Sensing and Thermodynamics
- A Computational model for compressed sensing RNAi cellular screening
- Recent Algorithms Development and Faster Belief Propagation algorithms
- Deterministic matrices matching the compressed sensing phase transitions of Gaussian random matrices
- Heliometric Stereo: Shape from Sun Position - implementation -
- A gut feeling review of 2012.
- Nuit Blanche in Review (December 2012 edition)
- Sunday Morning Insight: The extreme paucity of tools for blind deconvolution of biochemical networks
- The Genetics of Parkinson's Disease: A question and a meta-question
- Compressive Sensing and Matrix Factorization This Month
- Multiple regularizers, Robust NMF and a simple question
- 24AM: 24 efficient parallel SPCA implementations
- Ghost and Entanglement Imaging
- The Nuit Blanche Chronicles 2012
- Reconstruction of Integers from Pairwise Distances
- M-MUX / FM-MUX : Compressive Multiplexers for Correlated Signals
- These Technologies Do Not Exist: Closed-Loop Inertial Confinement Fusion
- Random Projections for Support Vector Machines
- Estimating Natural Illumination from a Single Outdoor Image -implementation-
- Quantized Embeddings of Scale-Invariant Image Features for Mobile Augmented Reality and Parameter estimation methods based on binary observations - Application to Micro -Electromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Randomized Bits: Education a Low Rank Problem ?, The JASON Report on Compressive Sensing and more.
- Robust image reconstruction from multi-view measurements -implementation -
- The Nuit Blanche Effect, three years later.
- Don't tell my mom I blog, she thinks I'm a used car salesman
- Visualization of Astronomical Nebulae via Distributed Multi-GPU Compressed Sensing Tomography
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.