Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant position for the MIT-Shell-Draper Lab research project "Applications of compressive sensing and sparse structure exploitation in hydrocarbon reservoir exploration and surveillance"The goal of the project is to develop novel compressive sensing algorithms for geoscience problems in the area of hydrocarbon field exploration and surveillance. The appointment is initially for one-year, with the possibility of renewal for up to 3 years. The appointment should start either during the summer (the preferred option) or the fall of 2012.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise on and contribute to the development of compressivesensing and sparse recovery algorithms for geoscience applications
- Help MIT faculty in coordination of research projects, including periodicreporting and documentation as required by the program timeline
- Frequent travel to Shell facilities in Houston
- -Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or relateddisciplines
- Expertise in sparse recovery, compressive sensing, streaming/sketching,machine learning and statistical inference algorithms
- Experience and/or interest in research projects of interdisciplinary nature
- Programming experience (MATLAB)
Applications (including CV and three reference letters) should be submitted to
ideally by April 15, 2012. However, applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.