Jan Vybiral just sent me the following:
Dear Igor,we are organizing a workshop on "Compressed Sensing and its Applications" in Berlin in December this year. You may find the First Call for this workshop attached below.I would like to ask you, if you could please post an information aboutthis workshop on your blog Nuit Blanche. This would surely help us to makethis workshop a successful event!Thank you very much in advance!
Thanks Jan, Here is the announcement:
Dear Colleague,we would like to announce the Matheon-Workshop "Compressed Sensing and its Applications", which we will organize from December 9 to December 13, 2013 at the Technical University Berlin.The goal of this workshop is to bring together the leading mathematicians working in compressed sensing and the leading engineers from a number of its application areas such as Imaging Science, Radar Technology, Tomography, or Communication Theory, to report on recent developments, to promote a dialogue between applied mathematicians and engineers, and to foster new developments and collaborations. The following researchers already accepted to deliver a Plenary Talk at this workshop:
- Richard Baraniuk (Rice University, USA),
- Helmut Bölcskei (ETH, Zurich, Switzerland),
- Babak Hassibi (California Institute of Technology, USA),
- Volker Mehrmann (Technical University Berlin, Germany),
- Ali Pezeshki (Colorado State University, USA),
- Guillermo Sapiro (Duke University, USA),
- Martin Vetterli (EPFL, Switzerland).Furthermore, 20 selected researchers have already agreed to give an Invited Talk. Each participant will have the opportunity to present her/his research in the form of a poster. You can find more details on the workshop (incl. the list of invited speakers, details on accommodation, venue, and scientific and social program) atwhere you can also fill in the electronic registration form.Important Dates:
- Deadline for registration: September 30, 2013
- Expiration of pre-reserved hotel rooms: September 30, 2013
- Deadline for submission of the title of poster: September 30, 2013
- Deadline for registration for social program: October 30, 2013Please kindly inform your colleagues and students. We are looking forward to meeting you in Berlin.Sincerely yours,Holger, Robert, Gitta and JanHolger BocheLehrstuhl für Theoretische InformationstechnikTechnische Universität MünchenTheresienstr. 90/IV (LTI)80333 MünchenRobert CalderbankDepart. of Electrical & Computer EngineeringDuke UniversityBox 90291Durham, NC 27708, U.S.A.Gitta Kutyniok and Jan VybiralInstitut für MathematikTechnische Universität BerlinStrasse des 17. Juni 13610623 Berlin
Also in Germany and a little earlier, the second Compressed Sensing applied to Radar (CoSeRa) meeting will take place. From the page:
On behalf of the workshop organisation team, we are pleased to invite you to our second edition of the International Workshop on Compressed Sensing applied to Radar (CoSeRa 2013), which will take place in 17.-19. September 2013 in the nice city Bonn, Germany. This second International Workshop will continue the idea of gathering world-class scientists, engineers and educators engaged in the fields of Compressed Sensing and Radar. We believe that the combination of invited key-speeches and contributed talks will allow the formation of a most interesting technical program.
CoSeRa is a premier event in Compressed Sensing in the area of Radar and will provide an ideal forum for obtaining up-to-date information about the latest developments, exchanging ideas, identifying future trends in your research area and making contacts with the international compressed sensing community. With intensive and careful planning underway we anticipate a technically outstanding and most pleasant workshop.
We look forward to seeing you in Bonn in September 2013.
Joachim Ender, Fulvio Gini, and Holger Rauhut
(Co-chairs of CoSeRa 2013)