Here is Ken Norton's outstanding video featuring his 10x Not 10%, Product management by orders of magnitude presentation (the link goes to Ken long form essay of that presentation). You may notice certain themes mentioned here on Nuit Blanche before and highlighted below. He mentions betting on trends while we call them the steamrollers. One should notice that while Ken marvels at the images of Pluto having been dowloaded a few hours earlier, the talk was given fifteen days too early when The Second Inflection Point in Genome Sequencing occured. Let us note that we wondered when that second inflection point back in 2014 and that it took place about a year later. In all, there are certainly elements of the strategy described by Ken we are trying to accomplish at Lighton. Enjoy the video !
- Predicting the Future: The Steamrollers
- Predicting the Future: Randomness and Parsimony
- Sunday Morning Insight: The Second Inflection Point in Genome Sequencing
- Sunday Morning Insight: "Ca change tout" and the second inflection point in Genome Sequencing
- Sunday Morning Insight: Miller's Wave and Genomics
- Sunday Morning Insight: All hard problems are just slow feedback loops in disguise.
- Sunday Morning Insight: What Happens When You Cross into P Territory ?
- Being a child of Moore's Law
- A Second Inflection Point in Genome Sequencing ? and then ...
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.