You can start a discussion here on the Google+ group or start a thread on the CompressiveSensing subreddit. As you may have noticed, I am being generous about giving +1s (Google+) or upvotes (Reddit). These communities will only grow if positive reinforcement is used by all.
Talking about upvotes, looking back at the last 100 entries, here are the ones that obtained the most Google +1s are:
Sometimes, the authors of the papers featured here on Nuit Blanche want to answer some of the questions I asked publicly, this is good, here are two examples:
- There was a statement by an anonymous commenter on the Traveling Salesman paper this week. Some of the authors (Nicolas Chauffert and Pierre Weiss) have responded in the comments.
- Curt provided some insight on the Quantum trick and Raphael Pooser, one of the author, tried to answer my question in the post.
We also had some additional inisghtful information provided by commenters:
- Leslie provided some additional reference on the computational cooking post.
- Thomas added some potential champions of open science on the list,
- Ross and Chander provided additional resources to the Hamming's video series.
- Bourbaki provided some additional data on replacements to Google's reader.
- Sunil liked the analogy on the Games of Thrones post compressive sensing post.
- An anonymous commenter provided some additional information on the recent D-wave announcement as well as here.
Finally, discussions on the Compressive Sensing Group with 2281 members ( Please pay attention to your questions) featured the following subjects:
- Compressed Sensing Reconstruction with Unknown Sparsity
- Evaluating EM-GM-AMP and BSBL
- I am working on compressive sensing technique in wireless sensor networks. I apply belief propagation based compressive sensing in these...
- CFP: GlobalSIP 2013 Symposium on Low-Dimensional Models and Optimization in Signal Processing
- Conditions for unique (not exact) recovery from noisy compressed measurements
- Fourier Talks 2013
- What are the best introductory books to compressive sensing?
- Codes Wanted! Can anyone share these 3 packages (Optimized PROPACK, Modified PROPACK and BLWS ) mentioned in the paper " Some Software...
- Sparse representations of EEG ?
- Analysis operator for signals other than visible photon imaging ?
- Please pay attention to your questions
- a question on Blind Source Separation (BSS)
- A doubt in paper about Nonnegative Matrix Factorization-Factoring nonnegative matrices with linear programs
- Predicting movie ratings and recommender systems
- NMF with sum-to-one constraint
- Orthogonal NMF residual
- if you want to see tensor factorization in action check out "Frappe" our new app recommendation
- Question about fast randomized solver for multi-tasks regression
- Is there a greedy algorithm for matrix completion, that iteratively recovers rank-1 matrices? (I am looking for something much like...
- Is there an efficient method for solving SPD equations with many right hand side?
- NTF for Matlab
- Fastest method to solve proximal problem
What are you waiting for ?
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.