Since the last Nuit Blanche in Review (December 2017), I wrote A Short Tale of Computation and AI but Nuit Blanche also featured two implementations, several in-depth papers, several videos, meetups and jobs. Enjoy !
- Intriguing Properties of Randomly Weighted Networks: Generalizing while Learning Next to Nothing
- Size-Independent Sample Complexity of Neural Networks
- On Random Weights for Texture Generation in One Layer Neural Networks
- Understanding Deep Representations through Random Weights
- Towards Understanding the Invertibility of Convolutional Neural Networks
- Quantized Compressive Sensing with RIP Matrices: The Benefit of Dithering
- The stochastic interpolation method. The layered Structure of Tensor Estimation and Phase Transitions, Optimal Errors and Optimality of Message-Passing in GLMs
- Random Incident Sound Waves for Fast Compressed Pulse-Echo Ultrasound Imaging
- Saturday Morning Videos: Theories of Deep Learning: videos and slides
- Video and Slides: Understanding and Improving Deep Learning With Random Matrix Theory, Jeffrey Pennington
- Ce soir: Paris Machine Learning meetup Hors Série 1 (Season 5) Self-Supervised Imitation, Pierre Sermanet
- OpenMined Hackathon in Paris (Saturday, January 13th)
- Ce soir: Paris Machine Learning Meetup #5 Season 5: IronCar, Mobile AI, Rules mining
- Video Streaming: State of Artificial Intelligence for Environmental Science Applications panel at AMS conference in Austin TX
- Call for participants: Workshop and Advanced school "Statistical physics and machine learning back together" in Cargese, Corsica, France, August 20-31, 2018
- Job: Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer, Scortex, Paris, France
- Job: Research engineer position in the DREAM project at ISIR, Sorbonne-Université, Paris, France.
- CSjob: Postdoc for research in reservoir computing, University of St.Gallen, Switzerland
- CSjob: One PhD and one Postdoc Position, Low-Rank Matrix Approximations
- CSJob: PhD Position for Signal Processing for Energy Harvesting Sensor Networks, Uppsala University, Swedens
- Job: Ingénieur R&D Machine learning/Deep learning, INA, France
- Job: Several Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty positions in robotics at ENSTA ParisTech, France
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.