Thanks to Olivier Grisel for the heads up. Here are several videos of tutorials from the Machine Learning Summer School 2011 in Bordeaux:
- Low-rank modeling by Emmanuel Candes.
- Sparse Methods for Under-determined Inverse Problems by:Rémi Gribonval,
- Graphical Models and message-passing algorithm by Martin Wainwright
check out the other tutorials here. Enjoy!
The Story of the Netflix prize will take place in DC on November 4th. but if you cannot attend, Robert Bell had two videos at the SAHD meeting at Duke earlier:
- Robert Bell on Winning the Netflix Prize (video)
- Robert Bell, Netflix Prize Winner, Principled Regularization for Matrix Factorization (slides video)
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.