Hi Igor,I would like to make an announcement for postdoc positions at my lab. I would really appreciate it if you can feature it on Nuit Blanche this week.....best,Volkan
Postdoctoral Positions at LIONS
Laboratory for Information and Inference Systems (http://lions.epfl.ch/) at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) has multiple openings for energetic postdoctoral fellows in the broad fields of Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, and Statistics as part of Prof. Volkan Cevher’s 5-year European Research Council project. Salaries start at CHF 84K. Positions are available immediately.
Our lab provides a fun, collaborative research environment with state-of-the-art facilities at EPFL, one of the leading technical universities worldwide. EPFL is located in Lausanne next to Lake Geneva in a scenic setting.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
· Analysis and design of advanced convex and non-convex optimization methods with applications to inverse problems.
· Analysis and design of advanced discrete optimization methods with particular emphasis on sublinear, submodular, and approximation algorithms.
· Learning theory and methods for non-parametric, sparse additive models.
· Encoder design for compressive and adaptive measurement schemes, including information extractors (e.g., polar codes) and expanders.
· Advanced linear algebra methods for optimized information extraction from very large dimensional datasets.
· Analysis and applications of non-iid probabilistic models.
Applicants are expected to have finished, or are about to finish their Ph.D. degrees. They must have an exceptional background at least in one of the following topics: numerical convex optimization, combinatorial optimization, statistics, coding theory, and algorithms.
A track record of relevant publications at top applied mathematics, theoretical computer science, statistics, or engineering journals or conferences is essential.
The working language at EPFL is English.
Please send your applications via email to Sylvia Sandoz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· Statement of research
· Curriculum vitae with a list of publications
· Contact details for 3 references
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.