When watching Brendan Frey's presentation at NIPS, I immediately thought of Hal Dietz's words :"...The Window Doesn't Close...". The title of the talk is "Why AI Will Make it Possible to Reprogram the Human Genome". Brendan mentions the work of Jennifer Listgarten who did a talk at the Paris Machine Learning meetup two years ago. Enjoy !
- Predicting the Future: Randomness and Parsimony
- Predicting the Future: The Steamrollers
- Saturday Morning Video: Life at the Speed of Light - Craig Venter ( and some remarks )
- Sunday Morning Insight: Matrix Factorizations and the Grammar of Life
- It's quite simply, the stuff of Life...
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.