Mark just sent me the following:
A quick reminder for Nuit Blanche readers:
The deadline for submissions to SPARS 2017 is just 2 weeks away, on 12 December!
Here is the announcement:
Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations
Lisbon, Portugal - June 5-8, 2017
Submission deadline: December 12, 2016
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations (SPARS) workshop aims to bring together people from statistics, engineering, mathematics, and computer science, fostering the exchange and dissemination of new ideas and results, both applied and theoretical, on the general area of sparsity-related techniques and computational methods, for high dimensional data analysis, signal processing, and related applications.
Contributions (talks and demos) are solicited as one-page abstracts, which may extend to a second page in order to include figures, tables and references. Talks should present recent and novel research results. We welcome abstract submissions for technological demonstrations of the mathematical topics within our scope.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Sparse coding and representations, and dictionary learning
* Sparse and low-rank approximation algorithms
* Compressive sensing and learning
* Dimensionality reduction and feature extraction
* Sparsity in approximation theory, information theory, and statistics
* Low-complexity/low-dimensional regularization
* Statistical/Bayesian models and algorithms for sparsity
* Sparse network theory and analysis
* Sparsity and low-rank regularization
* Applications including but not limited to: communications,
geophysics, neuroscience, audio & music, imaging, denoising, genetics.
* Yoram Bresler, University of Illinois, USA
* Volkan Cevher, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
* Jalal Fadili, École Nationale Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Caen, France
* Anders Hansen, University of Cambridge, UK
* Gitta Kutyniok, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
* Philip Schniter, Ohio State University, USA
* Eero Simoncelli, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NYU, USA
* Rebecca Willett, University of Wisconsin, USA
SPARS 2017 will be held at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), the
engineering school of the University of Lisbon, Portugal.
* Submission deadline: December 12, 2016
* Notification of acceptance: March 27, 2017
* Summer School: May 31-June 2, 2017 (tbc)
* Workshop: June 5-8, 2017
Mario A. T. Figueiredo, Instituto Superior Técnico
Mark Plumbley, University of Surrey
FURTHER INFORMATION: http://spars2017.lx.it.pt/
Prof Mark D Plumbley
Professor of Signal Processing
Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing (CVSSP)
University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.