Mingrui just sent me the following postdoc opportunity in Brisbane, Australia:
Dear Dr. Carron,
Could you please advertise the follow postdoc position on your blog?
Autonomous Systems Laboratory
CSIRO Digital Productivity
Queensland Centre for Advanced Technologies (QCAT)
1 Technology Court, Pullenvale QLD 4069, Australia
OCE Postdoctoral Fellow - Real-time 2D compressive Hyperspectral Imaging
CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Office of the Chief Executive (OCE) Postdoctoral Fellowships. Successful applicants will work with leaders in the field of science and receive personal development and learning opportunities.
CSIRO Digital Productivity Flagship is seeking to appoint a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join a team of researchers and embedded engineers on an exciting cross-disciplinary project of real-time 2D hyperspectral sensing, which aims to design and implement a ground-breaking hyperspectral acquisition and analysis system based on compressive sensing theory.
Specifically you will:
Location: Pullenvale, Brisbane, Queensland
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Develop and evaluate novel, innovative solutions to key research problems in the area of compressive sensing on hyperspectral imaging.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents.
Salary: $78K to $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pension fund)
Tenure: Up to 3 years
To be considered you will hold a PhD (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as applied mathematics/statistics, computer science and electrical engineering.
You will also have:
Owing to terms of the fellowship, candidates must not have more than 3 years of relevant Postdoctoral experience.
- Expertise in one or more areas of compressive sensing, sparse approximation, statistical analysis and signal processing.
- Demonstrated ability to program in MATLAB (or similar) for data analysis.
- Analytical skills and ability to solve complex conceptual problems through the application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
About CSIRO: Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation. Find out more! www.csiro.au
About CSIRO Digital Productivity Flagship: The Digital Productivity Flagship is focussed on Australia’s productivity challenge. We use data and digital technologies to address economic and developmental challenges.
Applications are open to Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents and International candidates. Relocation assistance will be provided if required.
Applications close 30 November 2014 (11:30pm AEST)
Position Details Q14/03258
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.