Mike Jordan and I are organizing a workshop that may be of interest to the Nuit Blanche community. Could you feature it in your blog?
Sure Francis ! Here is the announcement:
Fête Parisienne in Computation, Inference and Optimization: A Young Researchers' ForumOne-day workshop, March 20, 2013, at IHES, Bures-sur-Yvette, France Organized by Francis Bach (INRIA - ENS) and Michael Jordan (U.C. Berkeley)Many modern data analysis problems lead to inference based on high-dimensional structured models, typically with large amounts of observed data. In these situations, often referred to as "Big Data" problems, computation, inference and optimization need to be studied together.The workshop will focus on various facets of this challenging problem.The emerging links among the computational and inferential disciplines have led to the emergence of a new generation of researchers whoseapproach is multi-disciplinary: this workshop aims to highlight their recent work and bring together international participants who wish to contribute to further developments.The workshop will be held on March 20, 2013, at the Institute des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques (http://www.ihes.fr/), located in Bures-sur-Yvette, close to Paris. It will be composed of talks by the following invited speakers as well as a lunch-time poster session.
- Sylvain Arlot (CNRS - Ecole Normale Supérieure)
- Francois Caron (INRIA Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest)
- Nicolas Chopin (CREST - ENSAE)
- Aurélien Garivier (Institut Mathématique de Toulouse, Université Paul Sabatier)
- Zaid Harchaoui (INRIA Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes)
- Guillaume Obozinski (Ecole des Ponts - Paristech)
- Igor Prünster (University of Torino)
- Peter Richtarik (University of Edinburgh)
- Aarti Singh (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Yee Whye Teh (Oxford University)
Participants have to registered on the workshop website
that contains all details regarding the meeting.
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.