Dear colleagues, We have three open postdoctoral positions at the Seismic Laboratory for Imaging and Modelling in the following areas:
- computational and theoretical seismology: seismic modelling, wave-equation based imaging and inversion
- observational seismology: development of practical data acquisition scenarios and workflows for full-waveform inversion
- compressive sensing: design and implementation of novel acquisition, sparse/low-rank recovery algorithms, and directional transforms including curvelets
- scientific computing & inverse problems: PDE-constrained optimization and direct and indirect solvers for the Helmholtz equation and
For more information please follow
- optimization & machine learning: large-scale convex and stochastic optimization, etc.
or to our add at mathjobs (Position ID: UBC-SLIMPDF [#4250])
where the candidates can submit their applications. Please, forward this information to potential candidates. Thank you.
Felix J. Herrmann
Director of UBC-Seismic Laboratory for Imaging and Modeling (SLIM)
phone: (+1) 604-822-8628https://www.slim.eos.ubc.ca
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.