Ever since the last Around the Blogs in 80 Summer Hours, we went over the subject of Pushing the Boundaries in Compressive Sensing but I also tried to make a summary of what happened in September in Nuit Blanche's Month in Review. In light of the fact that most of us are clearly needing some context every so often, I might continue this format. In the meantime, others provided insights on other subjects, here is a sample:
- Zhilin just wrote Yes, let's Move From Sparsity to Structured Sparsity (an echo yesterday's entry here). Earlier Zhilin wrote about the fact that their paper on compressed sensing of EEG has been accepted
- John let us know that Vowpal Wabbit, version 7.0 is out
- Dustin writes about Group-theoretic Constructions of Erasure-Robust Frames
- Larry writes about The Remarkable k-means++. It looks like it a randomizsation of traditional k-means wihich itself is related to NMF, a matrix factorization technique (a Matlab implementation is here and a more recent implementation)
- Hao tells us about Sampling Rate is Not Only about Pixels: How to compare the sampling rate between your camera and "single-pixel" camera
- Danny writes about The joy of feedback or interesting ML projects out there! and a GraphChi parsers toolkit
- After featuring Nuit Blanche and I, Mathblogging continues its series of mathematical instruments with David Wees , Samuel Hansen, and Izabella Laba
- Hal on Sure, you can do that.....
- Dirk lists a Leftovers in [his] RSS reader that features some entries from Nuit Blanche, and writes about The “simplex of probabilty measures” and semi-continuous compressed sensing
- Terry writes about a partial converse to Bezout’s theorem
- Bob writes about a misguided study? but also The Medium Shapes the Message and A Music Genre Recognizer in Circuitry!
- John wrote a while back about Math tools for the next 20 years
- Suresh started a meme with Things a _____ should do at least once..., should we do one for compressive sensing and related subjects ? Peter followed though on that meme.
- Djalil wrote an observation on permutation matrices
- Dick writes about Why We Lose Sleep Some Nights, What Is The Object?, How Not To Prove Integer Factoring Is In P, The ABC Conjecture And Cryptography
- Alexandre writes about SMC sampler and An army of gamblers and a martingale
Image Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute
N00195731.jpg was taken on September 28, 2012 and received on Earth September 29, 2012. The camera was pointing toward TITAN at approximately 653,875 miles (1,052,310 kilometers) away, and the image was taken using the IRP0 and CB3 filters.
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.