Physicist Postdoc Fellow (X-ray Coherent Imaging and Scattering)
The Advanced Light Source Division (ALS) at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) offers an exciting postdoctoral fellow opportunity to conduct experiments at the ALS and develop experimental and theoretical methods for x-ray coherent imaging and scattering. This position reports to the Coherent Imaging lead scientist within the Experimental Systems Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop experimental and theoretical methods for x-ray coherent imaging, holography and general scattering.
- Communicate work results via reports and oral presentations, including participation in meetings, reviews, conferences, and publications in refereed journals.
- Ph.D. in Optics, Physics or Engineering within the last 2 years
- Experience with complex experimental apparatuses such as synchrotron beamlines and/or optical measurements
- Familiarity with signal processing (phase retrieval, compressive sensing) and/or familiarity with experimental techniques of synchrotron radiation research is advantageous.
Note : This is a one-year term appointment with the possibility of renewal after one year based on demonstrated performance and availability of funds.
Thanks Stefano !
I'll add it to the Compressive Sensing Jobs page later.