Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Mind mapping exists

I just started to use Freemind. All I can say is WOW. One of the people using it describes the application as a "complexity organizer". This is pretty how I feel after using it for two hours. This treasure was found after reading answers to a question on slashdot. Wikis never did it for me, I need to dump my thoughts into something like a web page or in Word in order to write a proposal for instance. The task manager we have at work should eventually migrate to this type of image/graph representation. Another thing I like is the fact I can save the whole structure in XML. This is important since I have had problems in the past to go from one application and hardware to another because the format was proprietary. I probably need to also check DENIM.

No comments:

Printfriendly